District Election Office
This Office serves as an important link between the Electoral Machinery & Citizens. Conducting free and fair Elections and error free Electoral Rolls continues to remain the primary and priority areas of the Branch, for which this branch looks after the preparation of Electoral Roll, preparation of elector’s photo-identity card (EPIC), reorganization and rationalization of polling stations etc.
- Issuance of Photo-identity cards to voters.
- Corrections pertaining to Identity cards.
- Making of duplicate photo I.D cards.
- Issuance of attested copies of Electoral Rolls on demand to public.
- Maintain the record regarding elections.
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of Ballot Boxes, Electronic voting machines, steel trunks and
- previous record of Electoral Rolls.
- Stationary depot where stationary pertaining to the elections is printed.
- To efficiently conduct the election to the Assembly Constituency of which he is the Returning Officer.
- To accept and scrutinize the nomination forms of the candidates.
- To allot the election symbols to the contesting candidates.
- To publish the notice regarding the election.
- To prepare a list of contesting candidates.
- Printing of ballot papers and to forward the postal ballots to the service electors.
- Deputing the polling officers to the polling booths with the election materials.
- To supervise the functions of the polling officers in his Assembly Constituency on the day of poll and forward the necessary report to the Election Commission of India and the Chief Electoral Officer.
- To get the polling completed during the election in a fair and just manner and as per the statutory provisions.
Phone : 02631 – 220071
Address : District Election Office, Jilla Seva Sadan, Ahwa District Dang